Friday 13 February 2015

Guardians of the Galaxy Tape Deck

One of my favorite movies of the moment is Guardians of the Galaxy! When I saw the film there were a few props I thought I could make from the weapons to the mask Star lord wears.
When I saw the tape deck on his ship I thought yes I can make one of them!
I repair audio so I thought I could incorporate a working tape player into the design and get it to work Ashely as looking cool!! (Well hopefully)
This is the end goal! 


There are a few posts in prop forums I have seen. Let's see what I can achieve!

I have sofar designed and printed the housing for the tape deck. I may have to redesign and reprint it though as the tape deck I have got is slightly different to what I had initially thought. I have also designed and printed some of the knobs and bought some handles.
Here is the original compared to my work so far

Not looking great at the moment but early days yet! I have got to redesign the 3d printed cassette holder. I think the boarder needs to be thicker and the bar that seperates the tape from the buttons needs to be slightly lower. 

More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment